Limited Liability Company (LLC)
Incorporate with Resident Agents of Nevada Inc in 3 Easy Steps
Start Your LLC TodayGet Started
Why choose an LLC?
LLCs provide limited liability protection to their owners (called members). Typically, owners are not personally responsible for business debts and liabilities of the company so creditors cannot pursue owners’ personal assets to pay business debts.
Advantages of an LLC
Business owners stand to gain many benefits when they register a company as an LLC. These benefits are, in many cases, unavailable to sole proprietorships and general partnerships. Creating an LLC typically provides the business owner with the following advantages:
- Limited liability protection. Owners are not held personally responsible for business debts and liabilities.
- Pass-through taxation. Typically LLCs do not pay taxes at the business level. Income/loss is reported on the owners’ personal tax returns and any tax due is paid at the individual level.
- No ownership restrictions. LLCs do not face restrictions on the number or type of owners.
- Flexible management. Owners have flexibility in structuring company management.
- Fewer ongoing formalities. LLCs have less annual paperwork than, and do not face the meeting requirements imposed on C corporations and S corporations.
- Credibility. LLCs may be perceived as a more legitimate business than a sole proprietorship or general partnership.
How do you form an LLC?
To form an LLC, Articles of Organization must be filed with the state and the applicable filing fees paid. With our incorporation service packages, Resident Agents of Nevada Inc handles the whole process for you.
LLCs provide limited liability protection to their owners, like corporations, so owners are typically not personally responsible for business debts and liabilities. They also provide pass-through taxation, like partnerships, LLC income is reported on the owners’ personal tax returns and any tax due is paid at the individual level.
Some things to keep in mind
LLCs are subject to ongoing requirements in the state of incorporation, such as filing annual reports and paying the applicable annual report fees.
You can choose any state to incorporate in…why not Nevada? Click on the Nevada Specifics for LLCs tab next.
Specifics for forming a Limited Liability Company in Nevada
Here are some key facts you should know as you consider forming an LLC in Nevada.
Nevada LLC name requirement
The name of an LLC must end with “Limited Liability Company,” “Limited Company,” “Limited,” “LC,” “Ltd. Co.,” “Ltd.,” “LLC,” or “L.L.C.” The name must not be the same as or deceptively similar to the name of any corporation, limited partnership, limited liability company, foreign corporation, foreign limited partnership or foreign limited liability company. It must also not be the same as or deceptively similar to the name reserved for use of any other proposed LLC unless written consent of the person or other entity the name is reserved for is filed with the Articles of Organization. There are a number of words for which usage requires approval by the applicable state department or agency, such as (but not limited to) “Accountant,” “Bank,” “Brokerage,” “Financial” and “Realtor.”
The following are Nevada’s requirements for the members/managers of LLCs:
- LLCs must have one or more members/managers.
- Nevada does not have a provision specifying where members/managers must reside.
- Members/managers must be at least 18 years old.
- Member/Manager names and addresses are required to be listed in the Articles of Organization.
Requirements for the Articles of Organization
The document required to form an LLC in Nevada is called the Articles of Organization. LLCs must list the name and address of a registered agent with a physical address (no post office boxes) in Nevada. The registered agent must be available during normal business hours to accept important legal and tax documents for the business.
Other filings required at time of incorporation
Nevada requires LLCs to file an Initial List of Members/Managers and Business License on or before the last day of the month following the incorporation. The filing fee is $125 for the Initial List and $200 for the business license registration.
Professional services businesses
Nevada allows professionals, such as accountants, attorneys and physicians, to form a professional limited liability company (PLLC).
Required information to form your limited liability company
Outlined is the information Resident Agents of Nevada Inc requires to form your limited liability company.
Should you have any questions about the information here or Resident Agents of Nevada Inc services, our Entity Formation Specialists are happy to help. Our Entity Formation Specialists are available Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM Pacific time toll free at (888) 463-8462. You may also email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Order contact information
- Primary contact name
- Primary contact phone number
- Primary contact email address
- Primary contact phone number
- Three business name choices
- One manager/member name
Depending on the type of package and/or additional products and services you select, you may be asked for the following information:
Mail forwarding service
- US mail forwarding address
EIN obtainment information
- Social security number*
- Principal business type
- Specific business purpose
* Due to new regulations, our company is no longer able to assist Foreign/Non-US Citizens (without social security numbers) in obtaining EIN numbers for their entity. As part of our service, we will provide you wil a special telephone number for Foreign EIN applicants and suggestions on the information that the client may want to provide to the IRS.
International Clients add $50. surcharge.
Not sure which business type is right for you?
The following Learning Center materials can help you understand LLC formation:
Explore Resident Agents of Nevada Inc services
The following products/services are included in our incorporation service packages or are available as add-ons:
Email email@example.com or call toll free today (888) 463-8462