Loading... Please wait...

Nevada Corporation FAQ

      • How long has Resident Agents of Nevada, Inc. been in the Nevada Corporation business, and what is your reputation?

        We have formed thousands of companies and served them as Registered Agent in Nevada since 1995. Visit the BBB of Nevada website to view our ratings.

        Go here to see what our clients have to say.

        We offer competitive package pricing and service. We work hard to get your order processed quickly, and stay working for you during the life of your business with us.

      • Why do people choose you? There are so many Registered Agents out there.

        • We pick up the phone within two rings during business hours--and we reply to all voicemails and emails ASAP!

        • We don't close for lunch!

        • We are 5 minutes from the Secretary of State's office.

        • We take care of all of your paperwork, file the necessary documents with the State of Nevada and even send you an Corporate Compliance Kit with Seals and Certificates.

        • We've been forming Nevada LLCs for 22 years. We actively support your LLC for the life of the entity. You'll never miss a filing deadline with our personalized reminder service!

        • To learn more and speak with a representative, please call us at (888) 463-8462. We are happy to answer any questions you may have. You can also email us at agents@nevada.org

        Read more.

      • What information do you need to complete my Corporation?

        We typically require the following:

        • A name choice for your company (we request you provide two alternates)

        • Name, address, phone, and email for the point of contact for your order

        • Shipping contact information (if different from the main contact)

        • The legal address of the company

        • Names and addresses of Directors and officers

        • Number of authorized Shares and Par Value

      • Do I need a Corporate Compliance Kit? Can I get my Kit from you?

        A Corporate Compliance Kit, which consists of a personalized binder, Minutes, By-Laws, Resolutions, Share Certificates and a Corporate Seal, is not necessary to be legal. It is, however, useful in terms of both organizing your paperwork and helping structure your Corporation optimally. Additionally, record keeping is a critical part of maintaining your Corporation's good standing. We provide you a Corporate Compliance Kit here.

      • How can I obtain a Certificate of Good Standing?

        A Certificate of Good Standing, which is also called a Certificate of Existence, is a document issued by the Nevada Secretary of State which certifies that your Corporation does exist legally and that it is in good standing with the State. Click this link to obtain your Certificate of Good Standing.

        We can also take care of filing an Apostille, Amended List, Articles of Name Amendment, Dissolution of Articles, and offer other necessary services to manage your business.

      • Can I change the amount of Shares after I already set up the Corporation and how?

        To change the amount of Shares your Corporation is authorized to issue, you need to change Articles. It is done by Amendment and by Restating Articles. We can file Articles of Amendment for you.

      • How can I pay for an incorporation order if I do not have a credit card?

        You may place a phone order Toll Free at (888) 463-8462 or complete your order online and then mail a us personal check, Money Order or Cashier's Check. (Our mailing address: 711 S Carson St., Suite 4, Carson City, NV 89701 USA) For fast processing of expedited orders please don't use personal checks. Personal checks take an additional 3-4 business days to clear. But, if you are OK with delay you can use them. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you! (Business Hours: 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific Time, Monday through Friday.)

      • When will I receive my formation documents?

        Typically, your documents arrive within 5 - 7 business days. During the order process, you may elect to expedite your documents and receive them within 24 hours - 3 business days.

General Corporation FAQ

      • Do I need an Attorney to form a Corporation?

        Not in our opinion. We have probably formed a lot more Corporations than your Attorney has! In fact, many law firms use Resident Agents of Nevada, Inc. for their Nevada incorporation needs. Our incorporation services save you time and money when compared with hiring an Attorney.

      • In which State should I form my Corporation?

        If your business is domiciled in Nevada, you are required to form your Corporation in Nevada. If you live outside the State of Nevada, and wish to form a Corporation in the State of Nevada, you are required to have a Registered Agent within the State of Nevada. Otherwise, if it is not a legal requirement to incorporate in the State where your business is physically located (your home State,) you can incorporate in any State.

        We offer a substantial savings with our Wyoming Corporation packages. Visit mywyomingllc.com or call us Toll Free at (888) 463-8462 to discuss options, or email us: agents@mywyomingllc.com. To determine the best State of incorporation for your particular business, talk with an Attorney or Accountant.

      • What are the advantages of forming a Corporation in Nevada?

        • Unlimited owners. C Corporations can have an unlimited number of Shareholders.

        • Easy transfer of ownership. Ownership is easily transferable through the sale of stock.

        • Unlimited life. When a Corporation’s owner incurs a disabling illness or dies, the Corporation does not cease to exist -- providing the By-Laws define how the ownership transfers.

        • Raise capital more easily. Additional capital can be raised by selling Shares of stock.

        • Credibility. Corporations may be perceived as a more professional/legitimate entity than a Sole Proprietorship or General Partnership.

        • More advantages

      • Do I have to have an address of the actual business in Nevada?

        No, you don't need the address of the business to be in Nevada. A Nevada address is not part of the Articles of Incorporation. The State of Nevada is not asking about the address or place of business in the Incorporation process. We, as a Nevada Resident Agent when offering business formation services, ask about the contact address, which is just for our records. You only have to provide the address of the first director...it can be any address. It doesn't have to be specifically a home or business. It can be a PO Box.

        If you need an address in Nevada you can order our Nevada Address & Mail Forwarding Service, which includes a street address.

      • Do I have to have an office or bank account in Nevada?

        No, neither an office nor a bank account need to be maintained in the State of Nevada. An annual fee of $100 is paid to Resident Agents of Nevada, Inc. to serve as the company’s statutory Registered Agent (to receive and forward copies of legal actions filed against the company). Annual meetings can be held anywhere and minutes can be signed by consent (without a meeting).

        Once your corporation has been formed with us, we will provide you personal contacts at banks we work with.  

      • What else do I have to pay for after the set up fee? Are there any other costs involved?

        Every company in Nevada is required to file the form called "Initial List of Officers and Directors."

        As of October 1, 2009 the Nevada Secretary of State requires a State Business License to be filed with the for profit company annual report including the initial list. The cost of the Business License for a Nevada Corporation is $500.

        The Initial List of Officers and Directors and Nevada Business License is included in our Turnkey Corporation package. We always mail the form together with the incorporation paperwork.

      • How long does it take to get an EIN/Federal Tax ID number?*

        You can get your EIN, also called the Federal Tax ID Number, over the phone right away if your filing is finished. You can obtain your EIN* Toll Free at (888) 463-8462, by mail, or use this online form. The EIN is included in our Turnkey Corporation package.

      • Can my company transact business in Nevada as well as other states?

        Yes! If your company plans to transact business in Nevada as well as the home State of incorporation, you may need to register your business in Nevada. This process is called Foreign Qualification. Citizens of other States and foreign countries are able to operate in the State of Nevada.

        You can also live anywhere in the world, it's no problem. Nevada law does not require your Shareholders or Directors meetings to ever be held in Nevada. When doing business in another place you must comply with local laws and licensing of the State in which you do business. We can help you get your Foreign Qualification to register your company to do business in Nevada. Call us Toll Free at (888) 463-8462.

      • What are the rules for Corporate names? Are the name endings like Co., Corp, Inc., required?

        The name must not be the same, or deceptively similar to, the name of any Corporation, foreign Corporation, or a name reserved for use of any other proposed Corporation, unless written consent of the person or other entity for whom the name is reserved is filed with the articles.

        A name appearing to be that of a natural person and containing a given name or initials must not be used as a Corporate name, except with an additional word such as "Incorporated," "Limited," "Inc.," "Ltd.," "Company," "Co.," "Corporation," "Corp.," or other word identifying it as not being the name of a natural person.

        If the name implies banking, trust, or insurance powers, prior approval of the banking superintendent or insurance commissioner is needed. We always check if the rules are followed when filing incorporation paperwork.

Questions About Different Business Entities

      • What is the difference between a Corporation and a LLC (Limited Liability Company)?

        Like Corporations, LLCs offers limited liability to their owners; however, unlike Corporations, LLCs are taxed as Partnerships or Sole Proprietorships (unless you elect to have it taxed as Corporation). This allows the LLC to pass all of the income and losses through to the owners. For more detail, we've put together this comparison, and feel free to call us and we'll answer your questions. Toll Free (888) 463-8462.

Registered Agent FAQ

      • What is a Registered Agent and why do I need one for my Corporation?

        A Registered Agent (also called a Resident Agent) is a statutory requirement in the State of Nevada, just as it is in most states. It Is a person or business that is responsible for maintaining a continuous corporate presence in the state on behalf of your company. Specifically, it provides for a physical address for any legal papers to be delivered in the event the corporation is involved in any litigation or needs to receive a verifiable notice of any kind.

        In Nevada, the Registered Agent must keep a copy of the Articles of Incorporation, a copy of the corporate bylaws, and the stock ledger of the company or a statement that provides the name and address of the actual custodian of the stock ledger.

      • What do I get from your Registered Agent services?

        • Forwarding of all official documents from the Secretary of State.

        • Accepting any legal service and forwarding it to your company.

        • We use extreme diligence to notify you quickly about any legal service we receive (summons, subpoenas.) We understand how important is to get timely information about such situation and we are persistent with our notifications about due dates for each entity.

        • Email and phone notifications. with our system for tracking due dates for all your companies. You easily order renewals or additional services online or via phone. (888) 463-8462

      • Can my Corporation use the address of Resident Agents of Nevada, Inc. as its own business address within the State of Nevada?

        No mail will be received at the address. If you wish to have mail received at a Nevada address, please use our Nevada Address and Mail Forwarding Service. It starts at $80 per year with a $50 postage deposit.

          Exclusive for first time subscribers: We will add 65% more Postage Allowance for your first year!   Order your service here, or call us at (888) 463-8462, and you can start your Mail Forwarding service almost immediately!

      • How can I change Registered Agent?

        Use this quick online form to switch to our service. We can also sign and email you a form you can print out, complete, and mail to the Secretary of State. Questions any step of the way? Call us Toll Free (888) 463-8462 or email agents@nevada.org.

      • What do I need to do if I do my own filings for the Corporation and only need a Registered Agent?

        Leave the headaches and hassles behind and use this form to select us as your Registered Agent!

      • How long does it take to change a Registered Agent in the Secretary of State's records?

        If we expedite it for you, 24 hours. We process most orders within 24 hours. We're a phone call or email away: Toll Free (888) 463-8462 or email agents@nevada.org.

      • What if I plan to form the Corporation myself? Can I still hire you as my Registered Agent?

        Yes, you can! Complete this Registered Agent form to start receiving concierge service from us! If it works better for you, we will sign a Registered Agent acceptance form and email it to you. You can then just print it out and send it together with the Articles to the Secretary of State.

        *Foreign EIN/Federal Tax Number Obtainment: Due to new regulations, our company is no longer able to assist foreign/Non-US Citizens (without Social Security Numbers) in obtaining EIN/Federal Tax ID Numbers for their entity. As a part of our service, we will provide them with a special telephone number and suggestions of information that the client may want to provide to the IRS.

        We are ready to help, and answer questions!

        Call us Toll Free (888) 463-8462 Monday through Friday 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific Time, or email us any time at agents@nevada.org


    There are no products in this category.