Loading... Please wait...

Nevada LLC FAQ

      • How long has Resident Agents of Nevada, Inc. been forming LLCs in Nevada? What is your reputation?

        We have incorporated thousands of companies in Nevada since 1995. Please go to BBB of Nevada website to view our ratings. See what our clients say about us here.

        We offer very aggressive and competitive LLC formation packages and pricing and service. Our mission is to get your order processed correctly and quickly. Read more here.

      • Why do people choose you? There are so many Registered Agents out there.

        • We pick up the phone within two rings during business hours--and we reply to all voicemails and emails ASAP!

        • We don't close for lunch!

        • We are 5 minutes from the Secretary of State's office.

        • We take care of all of your paperwork, file the necessary documents with the State of Nevada and even send you an LLC Compliance Kit with Seals and Certificates.

        • We've been forming Nevada LLCs and serving as their Registered Agent for 22 years. We actively support your LLC for the life of the entity. You'll never miss a filing deadline with our personalized reminder service!

        • To learn more and speak with a representative, please call us at (888) 463-8462. We are happy to answer any questions you may have. You can also email us at agents@nevada.org

      • What information do you need to complete my LLC formation?

        • A name choice for your company (we request you provide three alternates)

        • Name, address, phone, and email for the point of contact for your order

        • Shipping contact information (if different from the main contact)

        • The legal address of the company

        • Names Of Managers or Managing Members

      • Do you provide an LLC Kit? Do I need a Kit? Is a Kit part of your offer?

        An LLC Compliance Kit which consists of a personalized binder, Minutes, Operating Agreement, Resolutions, Membership Certificates, and a Company Seal, is not necessary to be legal. It is, however, useful in terms of both organizing your paperwork and helping structure your company optimally.

        Additionally, a certain amount of record keeping is a critical part of maintaining your LLC's good standing. There are two items that are particularly important. In order for your LLC to be legal it must be owned by at least one Manger or Managing Member. You should issue Membership Certificates and complete the Share Register in order to keep track of the owners and how much each Member owns.

        The other very important part about running an LLC is having an Operating Agreement. The Operating Agreement defines how your LLC will operate day to day and usually addresses things like adding Members or what to do if a Member should die. (You should make provisions for the "what ifs" so there aren't any surprises!) Each Member then signs the operating agreement. Both the Share certificates and the sample Operating Agreement are included in the LLC Compliance Kit along with other helpful document templates. You can order your LLC Compliance Kit here.

      • Can I obtain a Certificate of Good Standing?

        Yes! Go here for a Certificate of Good Standing, which is also called a Certificate of Existence, is a document issued by the Nevada Secretary of State which certifies that your Limited Liability Company does exist legally and that it is in good standing with the Secretary Of State.

        We can also take care of filing an Apostille,Amended List, Articles of Amendment, a Dissolution of Articles, and other services to manage your business

      • How can I pay for a LLC formation order if I do not have a credit card?

        You may place a phone order by calling us Toll Free at (888) 463-8462 and then mail us a personal check, Money Order or Cashier’s Check. (Our mailing address: 711 S Carson St., Suite 4, Carson City, NV 89701 USA) We can also provide banking information to do a wire transfer of funds to our bank. (Note: there is an additional fee to wire funds.)  We appreciate the opportunity to serve you! (Business Hours: 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific Time, Monday through Friday.)

      • When will I receive my formation documents?

        Typically, non-expedited documents arrive within 5 - 7 business days. During the order process, you may elect to expedite your documents and receive them within 24 hours - 3 business days. We will email the documents to the email address provided on your order and then send the documents by regular mail.


General LLC Formation FAQ:

        • What is a Limited Liability Company (LLC)?

          A Limited Liability Company, or LLC, is a business entity created under State laws which has the characteristics of both a Corporation and a Partnership. Like a Corporation, the owners of an LLC are not personally liable for business debts. Like a Sole Proprietorship or Partnership, an LLC has operating flexibility and is a pass-through entity for tax loses. This means the LLC's profits are passed through and taxable to the owners of the LLC.

          The other option is a multi-Member LLC which is taxed as a Partnership. That means that the LLC files a tax return and it provides a document called a K-1 to each of the Members that indicates their share of the profits. The K-1 is used by the Member to file their personal taxes.

          To learn more and speak with a representative, please call us at (888) 463-8462, or email us: agents@nevada.org during business hours. We are happy to answer any questions you may have.

        • Do I need an Attorney to form an LLC?

          Not in our opinion. It can be more expensive to get the LLC formed by a law firm. It is a very good idea to work with Resident Agents of Nevada, Inc. to get your entity set up. We've had 22 years of experience forming thousands of LLCs, and we can answer your questions and help you avoid costly mistakes.

        • In which State should I form my LLC?

          If your business is domiciled in Nevada, you are required to form your LLC in Nevada.

          If you live outside the State of Nevada, and wish to form an LLC in the State of Nevada, you are required to have a Registered Agent within the State of Nevada. Otherwise, if it is not a legal requirement to incorporate in the State where your business is physically located (your home State,) you can incorporate in any State.

What documents do I need to form an LLC?

To create an LLC, Articles of Organization must be filed with the Nevada Secretary of State. After the formation is complete, you will be required to file and Initial List of Members/Managers and Nevada Business License within 30 days after the entity formation. (This is a requirement to keep the entity in good standing.) Next, the LLC members should enter into an operating agreement, which sets forth the rights of the members and the rules for running the company. An LLC also needs to apply for a EIN/Federal Tax ID Number* with the IRS. It is required to open a bank account and it is necessary to file a tax return.

To learn more and speak with a representative, please call us at (888) 463-8462, or email us at agents@nevada.org. We are happy to answer any questions you may have.

      • Can an LLC have an unlimited lifespan?

        Yes. Recent changes to the IRS code have promoted changes in state laws of Nevada permitting LLCs to be created with an unlimited life. (perpetual)

        To learn more and speak with a representative, please call us at (888) 463-8462, or email us at agents@nevada.org.

      • How many people are needed to form an LLC?

        In the State of Nevada, only one person is needed to form an LLC. Recent changes to the IRS code have promoted reforms in the State's laws, permitting one-member LLCs.

        To learn more and speak with a representative, please call us at (888) 463-8462, or email us at agents@nevada.org.

      • What is the difference between a "Member" and a "Manager" of an LLC?

        A Member is an owner of the LLC and is similar to a Stockholder of a Corporation. A Manager is a person chosen by the Members to manage the day-to-day operations of the LLC and is similar to a Director of a Corporation. A Manager can also be a Member. A Manager may or may not be one of the owners of the LLC.

        To learn more and speak with a representative, please call us at (888) 463-8462, or email us at agents@nevada.org.

      • Does an LLC have to hold meetings?

        Yes. And there are other matters to keep track of to keep your LLC in good standing. The State of Nevada charges an annual fee to maintain an LLC. You must also submit an "Annual List of Managers/Members," which is a one-page form filed by the Secretary of State. An Initial List of Managers and Members is due 30 days after formation.

        There is also a mandatory Nevada Business License that is required at the same time the Member/Manager list is filed. Save by getting them together! The cost of the Initial/Annual Report Filing and NV Business License is $375. There is no State income tax or franchise tax in Nevada.

        Let us manage it all for you! As your Registered Agent, we keep in your LLC in compliance with the State of Nevada, and remind you of important matters and deadlines.

        To learn more and speak with a representative, please call us at (888) 463-8462, or email us at agents@nevada.org. We are happy to answer any questions you may have.

      • In which State should I form my LLC?

        As a business domiciled in Nevada, you are required by the Secretary of State of Nevada to form a Nevada Corporation or LLC. If you do not base your business in Nevada, then the decision to where to form your LLC depends upon your personal circumstances. You should do your research prior to forming an LLC in any State.

        If you are domiciled outside of Nevada, a Wyoming LLC is a lower-cost alternative. We manage thousands of active LLCs through our Wyoming branch. Visit our Wyoming branch online at mywyomingllc.com, call us Toll Free: (888) 463-8462 to discuss options, or email us: agents@mywyomingllc.com

      • What are the advantages of forming a Limited Liability Company in Nevada?

        • No Personal Income Tax

        • No Corporate Income Tax

        • No Taxes on Corporate Shares

        • No Franchise Tax on Income

        • No Inheritance Tax

        • Discover more advantages here

      • Do I have to have an address of the actual business in Nevada?

        No, you don't need the address of the business to be in Nevada. In the formation process, we allow our clients to use our Nevada address on the Articles of Organization and Member/Manager List. We, as your Registered Agent when offering business formation services, we must have the contact address for our records.

        If you need an address in Nevada you can order our exclusive Nevada Address and Mail Forwarding Service, which includes a street address and weekly mail forwarding service.

          First time subscribers only: We will add 65% more Postage Allowance to your first year of Nevada Address and Mail Forwarding Service!   We ONLY offer mail forwarding service to our clients. Start a Nevada LLC

      • Do I have to have an office or bank account in Nevada?

        No, neither an office nor a bank account need to be maintained in the state of Nevada. An annual fee is paid to Resident Agents of Nevada, Inc. to serve as the company's statutory Registered Agent (to receive and forward copies of legal actions filed against the company). Annual meetings can be held anywhere and minutes can be signed by consent (without a meeting).

        Once you form your LLC with us, we will give you personal contacts at banks we work with. Just one of the advantages of choosing us to assist you!

      • What else do I have to pay for after the set-up fee? Are there any other costs involved?

        Every company in Nevada is required to file the form called "Initial List of Managers or Managing Members," and a Nevada Business License.

        As of October 1, 2009 the Nevada Secretary of State requires a State Business License to be filed with the LLC Annual Report including the Initial List. The initial and annual cost for both is $350. Get them both here.

        The Initial List and Business License is included in our Turnkey LLC Formation packages. We always mail the form together with the business formation paperwork.

      • How long does it take to get my EIN or Federal TAX ID number? How can I obtain my EIN?*

        We obtain the EIN -- also called the Federal TAX ID Number -- for our clients from the IRS. We require the name of a responsible individual involved with the LLC and also that person's Social Security Number (SSN) in order to obtain the EIN. The EIN* is included in our Turnkey LLC Formation packages. You can also add the EIN as an option with our other packages. The EIN is provided when we send you the initial documents.

      • Can my company transact business in Nevada as well as other States?

        Yes! Note: If your company plans to transact business in Nevada as well as the home State of business formation, you may need to register your business in Nevada. The process is called Foreign Qualification. Citizens of other States are able to operate in the State of Nevada. You can also live anywhere in the world, it's no problem. Nevada law does not require your Shareholders or Directors meetings to be held in Nevada.

        Important to note, you must comply with local laws and licensing and compliance regulations of the State in which you do business. We will take away the hassle and get your company registered to do business in Nevada. Give our friendly staff a call Toll Free at (888) 463-8462, or email us: agents@nevada.org. We're here for you.

      • What are the rules for naming an LLC? Is a name ending such as LLC required?

        The name of the LLC must not be the same, or deceptively similar to, the name of any LLC, foreign LLC, or a name reserved for use of any other proposed Limited Liability Company, unless written consent of the person or other entity for whom the name is reserved is filed with the Articles.

        You must provide an ending (tailing) for the name of the LLC -- such as LLC, Limited Liability Company, Ltd. or Limited.

        If the name implies banking, trust, or insurance powers, prior approval of the Banking Superintendent or Insurance Commissioner is needed. We always check if the rules are followed when filing incorporation paperwork.

Registered Agent FAQ:

      • What is a Registered Agent and why do I need one for my LLC?

        Just as it is in most states, the Registered Agent, (also call a Resident Agent,) is a statutory requirement in the State of Nevada.

        It is a person or business responsible for maintaining a continuous Corporate presence in the State on behalf of your company. Specifically, it provides for a physical address for any legal papers to be delivered in the event the LLC is involved in any litigation or needs to receive a verifiable notice of any kind.

        In Nevada, the Registered Agent must keep a copy of your Articles of Organization, and know where your LLC stock ledger is maintained and how to contact a responsible person who keeps the LLC records. Use this form to choose us as your Registered Agent and your LLC will run smooth. Want to switch Registered Agent services? Use this easy form.

      • What do I get from your Registered Agent service?

        • Forwarding of any official documents from the Secretary of State to you

        • Accepting any legal service and forwarding it to your company. We take extreme care to notify you quickly about any legal service (summons, subpoenas). We understand how important is to get timely information about such situation

        • Notification about due dates for each entity. We are diligent with email and phone notifications!

        • Our reminder program helps you avoid late fees! We'll call you to make sure your filing is done on time

        • Online or phone order processing, which allows you to easily order entities or additional services

      • Can my company use Registered Agents of Nevada Inc.'s address as its own business address within the state of Nevada?

        We allow you to use our address for the public record at the Nevada Secretary of State. If you wish to use our Nevada Address and Mail-Forwarding Service, it is available for $80 per year including a $30 annual postage allowance.

          First time subscribers only: We will add 65% more Postage Allowance your first year!  

        Order online when you set up your entity and you can start using the Mail Forwarding Service almost immediately! Or give our office a call and we can set up Mail Forwarding for your entity. Note: This service is exclusive to our clients.

      • Can I change my Registered Agent?

        Yes. If you are receiving less than satisfactory service from your current Registered Agent, use this change form and we will relive the hassles for you! We believe in providing outstanding customer service!

        You may find we are considerably more cost-effective than your current Registered Agent. Need a Nevada Registered Agent who goes the extra mile and answers the phone? Use this easy Change of Registered Agent form and we'll go right to work for you! For brand new Registered Agent services, here is the form to use.

      • What do I need to do if I do my own filings for the company and only need a Registered Agent?

        Order Registered Agent service here. If you have experience filing your own documents, we'll be glad to assist you! 

        How long does it take to change a Registered Agent in the Secretary of State records?

        Normally, once we have your signed documents, we submit them to the Nevada Secretary of State the same day. Non-expedited filings usually take 5-7 working days for the Nevada Secretary of State to process.

      • What if I do the LLC formation myself? Can I use you as my Registered Agent?

        Yes, you can. We will sign a Registered Agent acceptance form and email it to you. You just print it out and send it together with the Articles of Organization to the Secretary of State. To order Registered Agent service only, use this form.

*Due to new regulations, our company is no longer able to assist Foreign/Non-US Citizens (without Social Security Numbers) in obtaining EIN numbers for their entity. As part of our service, we will provide you with a special telephone number for Foreign EIN applicants and suggestions on the information that the client may want to provide to the IRS.

International Clients add $50 surcharge.


Call us Toll Free (888) 463-8462 Monday through Friday 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific Time, or email us any time at agents@nevada.org


    There are no products in this category.